To help dog owners and their canine companions achieve that relational sweet-spot by providing effective training, clear communication, and relentless pursuit of the desired vision, with honesty, integrity, creativity, and results that deliver happiness.
Our Approach (Psalm 23)
This Psalm is directed at the relationship between God and man, and the great care God provides for us. The illustration used is of a shepherd caring for his sheep, and similar lessons are applied as we train your dog.
- We are stewards of everything on earth, including our pets. We take that responsibility very seriously, for your dog as well as our own.
- We emphasize the relational aspect between you and your dog. Training skills are important, but he should trust and depend on you for provision and protection.
No nonsense, no tricks and no treats dog training, using a methodology that utilizes positive reinforcement and proportional corrections (this is a fancy term for a correction that is appropriate for the particular dog in training). Additionally...
- We treat your dog as a member of our family. The welfare of your dog is our primary concern, and we want you to have a long and fulfilling relationship with him or her.
- We have dogs of our own, and have trained them the same way we will train yours.
- We don't just train, we also provide suggestions about utilizing your dog's strengths in training and for fun.
- The methods we use are very effective at achieving the desired results, but we will evaluate other options if the need arises.
- If we do not believe we can help with your situation, we will tell you.
Our Trainer and Owner
Jeff has always been interested in the world of animals. Growing up in the south suburbs of Chicago, he found himself snake hunting, caring for his tropical fish, and racing his cat (Tiger) home from the neighbor's house. There were also toads, frogs, hamsters, newts, turtles, and whatever else he could find in the area. Eventually, that translated to a love for dogs which included Mr. Moose, Ebony, Hercules, and more recently Fiona, Kora, and Lucky.
He has been training dogs professionally since 2011, starting in Illinois then moving to Tennessee. Jeff is a Certified Dog Trainer (CDT) through the International Association of Canine Professionals (IACP), as well as being a professional member of the organization. He contributed to the Chattanooga Times Free Press "4Paws" section of the paper, answering questions about dog training and behavioral problems in the "Ask A Trainer" column, as well as being published in the IACP Journal publication, "In Safe Hands." Additionally, he answered questions about dog training as a career in the "Cool Jobs" section of the Tennessee Valley Parents magazine. Jeff also trained with the Lutheran Church Charities Comfort Dogs for a brief period of time.
Blue Bridge Dog Training is dedicated to:
- Providing professional obedience training, behavior modification, and service to our clients.
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and stimulating environment for client dogs.
- Utilizing suppliers that deliver products and services that best align with our mission and business practices.
- Continually improving our processes for the betterment of our business, the delight our clients, and the welfare of our employees.
- Giving back to the local community in terms of time, talent or financial contributions.
- Complying with the applicable sections of the "USDA Animal Welfare Act and Animal Welfare Regulations."